Monday, June 8, 2009

Photoshop Origins: Arche

First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge the success of the recent KHQ Awards, and so are my thanks to its constituents that were behind the event's success. The annual ceremony was worth the wait, and sure made the spectators jumping up and down on their seats with excitement. This is one great way of ending our summer vacation. Again, give yourselves a big round of applause for the Award's success!

Surprisingly, during the awards, to my greatest shock, my name was mentioned in the Best Graphics Designer... as the winner! So much for my delight. I still can't believe that I won, in spite of my competent and brilliant rivals for the trophy. While my joy for winning is beyond words, I acknowledge my excellent opponents for the bacon, because from them, I got my inspiration to study Photoshop CS2 years ago, even with it's dysfunctional tutorial, to be honest. So, thank you all guys.

Since I was fortunate enough to win the title, I believe it's fitting that I share my own works. Kudos to Lex, or Secret Hero/Scar for the idea. (His thread at Digital Art) So, let me share to you guys my works from the very first one to the latest.

The Timeline:

a. Triassic Period - This time period when I finally managed to learn the basics of Photoshop. The works were primitive, and somewhat bland. Despite of these, these early Photoshop works were the foundations of the next ages' creations.

1. Ichigo
2. Ichigo 2
3. Yoshimitsu
4. Asuka Kazama

b. Jurassic Period - After learning the raw principles of Photoshopping, I now started making experiments during my free time, conducting improvisations on each work during this age. Somehow, I had some progress.

5. Isaac
6. Isaac 2
7. Felix
8. Ivan
9. Garet
10. Felix 2
11. Beet the Vandel Buster
12. Piers
13. Sheba

c. Cretaceous Period - The continuation of the Jurassic age, this time period is where I somehow manage to further improve my works, at least that's what I think though.

14. Karst and Agatio
15. Hatake Kakashi
16. Urahara Kisuke
17. Hitsugaya Toushirou
18. Shido Fuyuki
19. Ginji Amano
20. Ban Mido
21. Jupiter Djinn (Avatar)
22. Ichigo 3
23. Naruto
24. Sergei Dragunov
25. Batman
26. Iron Man
27. Sub-Zero
28. Scorpion

d. Tertiary Period - This age is a breakthrough in my opinion. This is where I finally used the Brush Tool in a project. No, I wasn't wrong with the Scorpion Sig. It's just a picture of a fractal that I used as a BG. This is also the age where I finally learned how to animate, and convert images to .png. So, here they are.

29. Spongebob Squarepants
30. Kung Fu Panda
31. Spongebob Squarepants 2
32. Johnny Cage
33. Raiden
34. Lei Wulong
35. Rain
36. Uryuu Ishida (Avatar)
37. Uryuu and Ichigo
38. EAST Banner for a planned shop, until that controversial mass shop locking.
39. Asuka Kazama 2
40. Hwoarang
41. L Lawliet
42. Paul Phoenix
43. Cyrax
44. Decepticons Banner
45. Captain Lennox
46. L Lawliet 2

e. Quaternary Period- During the end of the Tertiary Period, my desktop was suddenly infected with virus, which required reformatting, erasing my comrade Photoshop CS2 with the rest of the files. After a short hiatus, I was back on business with Photoshop Elements 4.0, and in my opinion, this is yet the greatest age of my Photoshopping time. This is where all of my latest works are included. Please enjoy looking at them.

47. Naruto 2
48. Jack-5
49. For a friend V1
50. For a friend V2
51. Mirage (Novel)
52. Rorschach
53. Dr. Manhattan
54. Watchmen (Avatar)
55. Nite Owl
56. Silk Spectre

Modern:

57. Supernatural
58. Ghost Rider
59. Wolverine
60. Captain America
61. Silver Surfer
62. The Hulk
63. Storm
64. Lili Rochefort
65. Grell Sutcliffe
66. Pyro
67. Sunako and Kyohei (Request)
68. Kevin (Request)
69. New Goblin
70. Nina Williams
71. Sergei Dragunov 2
72. Asuka Kazama 3
73. David Cook
74. Silver Fox
75. Gambit
76. Valiance
77. Self-avatar
78. Batman 2
79. Star Trek
80. Christie Monteiro
81. Katy Perry (Animation)
82. Final Fantasy
83. Xiaoyu
84. Kuchiki Byakuya
85. Grell Sutcliffe (Animation)
86. Hitsugaya Toushirou 2
87. Jack Sparrow
88. Dead Space
89. Dead Space 2
90. Alisa Boskonovitch
91. Nissan 350Z
92. Halo
93. Ghost
94. Muse
95. Colors
96. Ghost Recon V1
97. Ghost Recon V2
98. F-22 Raptor
99. Polar Bear
100. Andrea Corr
101. Lamborghini Murcielago
102. Skinner (Avatar)
103. GRAW
104. Tony Hawk
105. Chris Martin
106. H.A.W.X (Avatar)
107. Hayley Williams V1
108. Hayley Williams V2
109. Dark Samus
110. BoA Kwon
111. Assassin's Creed
112. Nightmare
113. Talim

Whew. 113 Photoshop works. I'll still be making more. Thanks for reading this blog entry.

1 comment:

  1. I love the all the variation you can do with photoshop. There are websides which distort things how ever I found I side that presented a great houses and when visit the place I convenced me that was real. In fact I decided to approach the costa rica investment opportunities and buy a beautiful house there.

    ReplyDelete